Newsletter 37 – Thursday, October 24, 2013
Open Monday Sunday
Ongoing Miniature Garden Workshops!
Weekends Through – November 17
10am – 3pm
Think small and inside the pot every Saturday and Sunday, through November 17, at our Miniature Garden and Terrarium Workshops. Join us, from 10 am to 3 pm, for a journey to our miniature world. Create your very own terrarium or miniature fairy garden just as youve seen in the glossy home and garden magazines!
Captivating, Christmas miniatures, little gazing balls, tiny bird baths, mischievous gnomes, petite fairies, small stepping stones, diminutive garden arbors, and miniature fences are just some of the treasures we have waiting here to help you realize your vision. Choose from 6000 tiny, live plants to bring your miniature wonderland to life. Bring your own pot or purchase one here. Soil is free, and design assistance is always available!
What a perfect hostess/host gift to give for those holiday parties and celebrations.
A member of our talented staff created this beautiful miniature garden for someone to enjoy! Yes, its for sale! So, if you are crunched for time and are unable to participate in our workshop just stop by and Grab and Go with this fairy tale of a miniature garden!
We know life is busy so if you are unable to make it to a weekend workshop you are welcome to come in and create your special miniature garden anytime during the week.
Q: What did the tree say to Autumn?
A: Leaf me alone.
New and Unique Christmas Decorations
Is it time for some new and unique Christmas decorations? Stop in and check out our Christmas metal art decorations. Redesign your holiday scenery with metal art Christmas trees, snowman, plant stands, wreaths or a sweet Cinderella carriage. Let your imagination take over!
Any one of these pieces would make a great gift idea for those difficult to buy for people in your life! We have a limited number of these unique items so hurry in while supplies last.
Now is the perfect time to plant Bulbs
Beautiful bulbs…two words that will bring you so much joy in the spring! Fall is the only time you can make it happen. Plant now and be the absolute envy of your neighbors next spring! Tulips, daffodils, crocus, hyacinth, allium, and more are waiting for you.
Q: What did one autumn leaf say to another?
A: I’m falling for you.
Clear the Bench Sale – Now 60% Off!
Come out and take advantage of our sale! Our remaining perennials, trees, and shrubs are all 60% off. What a great time to pick up the perennials, trees, and shrubs that youve had your eyes on all season.
This sale applies to existing stock only (no special orders) and no warranty is included with this sale.
Protection for your new trees
Youve worked hard to purchase and plant your new trees. Now protect your investment from the coming harsh Wisconsin winter with Tree Wrap. It will help protect your trees from wind, rabbit, and insect damage. Americas Best Flowers has it in 3" x 50′ rolls.
Q: What’s the ratio of a pumpkin’s circumference to its diameter?
A: Pumpkin pi
Lucys Story Chapter 28
It just doesnt make sense. My mom and dad are putting on long sleeve shirts and sweaters, and I have my beautiful black fur coat on and we are all still cold.
Im not sure how it all works, but there is a magic little box on the wall that makes the house nice and cool in the hot summer and nice and cozy warm during cold weather. I see them both go over to the little box on the wall, look at it, and do nothing! Really, whats the problem here? What will it take?
Its time for this girl to take action…wish me luck!
Three hours later…
Im not sure which technique did it, but the heat is now on!
Note to my fellow canines. If any of you are having the same experience you may want to give the following a try.
First – Sit as close to your mom and dad as you can and do any or all of the following:
- Chatter your teeth (This is what people do when they are very, very cold. It does take a bit of practice, but you can do it!)
- Shiver (If your house is as cold as my house is you are probably already doing this!)
- Rub your cold wet nose against their BARE skin. (BEFORE doing this, you must first go outside for a while, then as soon as you come back into the house, stick your nose in your water bowl, then touch BARE skin.)
Stand firm my fellow canines!
`til next time,
Hey, if you want to send my mom a Hi! send it to me at email@example.com. She gave me complete control of her emails, so Ive been having a tail wagging, paw stomping (whoops, sorry, mom) good time!
Q: What do you give to a pumpkin who is trying to quit smoking?
A: A pumpkin patch!
|Sat, Oct 19 – Sun, Nov 17||
Miniature Garden Workshops
10am – 3pm Every weekend (Saturday and Sunday) – Make a mini garden in a terrarium or planter of your choice.
|Sat, Nov 23 – Sun, Nov 24||
Holiday Porch Pot Workshop
9am 3pm – Pre-Registration Appreciated (Not Required)
|Sun, Dec 1||
Wreath Workshop / Paint A Poinsettia Workshop
9am 3pm – Pre-Registration Appreciated (Not Required). You can make porch pots too, if you want!
|Sun, Dec 8||
Holiday Centerpiece Workshop / Paint A Poinsettia Workshop
9am 3pm – Pre-Registration Appreciated (Not Required)
Imagine the cinnamony goodness of a Snickerdoodle cookie on a grander scale. Try this recipe and it will become reality. Enjoy!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 3/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar and 1 TBSP cinnamon mixed together for rolling*
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until soft about 3 to 5 minutes. Add in the vanilla. Add in the eggs one at a time and mix until each is incorporated.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar and nutmeg.
3. Add the flour mixture and the sour cream alternately to the egg-butter mixture. Start with the flour and end with the flour. Scrape the bowl occasionally.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out muffin batter one at a time and drop into a shallow bowl filled with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Roll the muffin around in the mixture until it is covered completely in cinnamon sugar. Place muffin into muffin tin. Depending on the size of your tins, you should get about 12 to 14 muffins. Bake them for approx. 20-22 minutes in a 350F oven or until they are golden brown.