Shopping is Fun – Everything for my project
- Every year everyone should experience the endorphin rush and adrenalin spike of seeing the largest basket display in the Midwest and eye popping color of hundreds of thousands of plants in bloom. The Disney World of Plants and admission is free.
- Shop Rain or shine as we have the largest indoor garden shopping area of over 80,000 sq. ft. – Two large bathrooms & large aisles– largest in Dane county.
- You can shop with our 200 lightweight shopping carts so shopping is quick and easy for you – most of any garden center in Dane County.
- We have 160 paved parking stalls so parking is easy and quick for you – most of any garden center in Dane County.
- We are a complete garden center so it is one stop, so you save time. 3000 varieties of annual and perennials, planted containers, herbs, trees, shrubs, pottery, fertilizer, and much more for you.
- Our staff is absolutely outstanding. We have had a perfect score from mystery shoppers.
- Display Beds allow you to see the plants growing before you buy.
- Call us year round as we live here… We’re open for retail all year now. I even give out my cell phone # no one else does this.
- We have a specialized container department especially for decks and patios.
- We answer the phone even after our normal hours of operation to help you. No one else is doing this.
America’s Best is a Local Business
- We have a fundraiser program for churches and other nonprofit organizations. You sell our gift cards and keep 25% of the value. This runs from October 1st through April 1st each year. Call for details.
- We are local so about 20% more money stays in the local economy than the big box national retailers. We belong to Dane Buy Local.
- Shopping with us is just a better value for our local economy, you, and your family!
Our Plants are Better
- We use good bugs to control bad bugs – biological pest control –- only one in Dane county on a complete program – no pesticides on herbs or vegetables.
- Our baskets are so much prettier with the wire hangers since they are almost invisible and it looks almost like a ballerina floating in air.
- We add biological soil bacteria and fungi to our soil mix so the plants grow better for you – plus compost tea – only one in Dane country doing this. We also add water-holding crystals so watering is easier for you.
- We use computer controls to lower the temperature in the greenhouse 10 degrees one hour before dawn and then hold it there for 3 hours after dawn so the plants grow more like they are outside – the plants take off and grow faster once planted, so less care is needed by you – only one in Dane Country doing this – this greenhouse procedure is called DIF.
- Our growing facilities with the open roof give you the best plants – only retail operation in Wisconsin with an open roof greenhouse.
- Our #10 and #12 ITML baskets and containers are so much easier for you to care for with our non-shrinking bark mix. They have a large water reservoir and relatively straight sides so they hold more soil and water than other baskets of the same size. In fact 24% more soil volume, and 67% more water holding capacity – only one in Dane country using these baskets.
- We spend many weeks on the road looking for the best varieties just for you – Carol and I are the only ones doing this in Dane County.
- We belong to and attend many local and national growing organizations so we know about the best plants and growing techniques.
- A lot of our plants are grown in spaced round pots so the plants have more room to grow in the greenhouse.
- Big Box store growers grow plants so they will fit on shipping carts – they tend to use smaller growing varieties and growth regulators like bonzi to keep plants small. They sometimes overdose the plants with growth regulators so they will hold in the retail stores – these plants look very nice at retail but won’t grow for you if you get these plants. We simply do not do this nor do we need to select smaller growing plants so they fit on shipping carts.